Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tiny Bit is growing up!

Jacob is 7 weeks old!

It's hard to believe that our "tiny bit" is growing so quickly! Life has been quite a roller coaster over the last 7 weeks. Here are the highlights.
Labor with Jacob was just that...LABOR! Although I've been told I had a great labor for a first pregnancy, I opt NOT to do that again any time soon! I was induced on the morning of June 5th at 6:00 am. At first I was thinking, "This isn't that bad, I can handle it." Then the Dr. came in at 8:00 am and broke my water. I instantly learned how the next few hours were REALLY going to go! Breathing techniques flew right out the window and Jaska has finally regained the feeling back in his hand. At noon, I met my new best friend, the "epidural man."

Over the next 6 hours, I had the most blissful sleep I had had in months! I was then gently nudged and told it was time to push. Only an hour of pushing and Jacob was here! What a true miracle of God!

He had been having an irregular heartbeat throughout the day and the Dr. wanted to monitor him for a while to ensure that everything was ok. After a little snuggle time, he was taken to the nursery and remained on the monitor for his first night.

David was able to meet his baby brother the next day and was very interested in holding the baby...for about 5 seconds. Then he was off to play!

After me dealing with a spinal headache (a complication from my epidural) and nursing Jacob through a good bit of jaundice, we were able to head home.

We have had contiuous live-in help since Jacob was born (Thanks a million moms!) and we are now on our own. Jacob is up 2 times a night or so and we have learned to adjust to living on minimal sleep. He is nursing well and has nearly doubled his birth weight.

Big brother had quite an adjustment to sharing mommy and daddy with the small intruder, but he's doing much better. He loves to help give "baby Jacob" his paci, whether he wants it or not and he's pretty gentle...most of the time. All in all, David is a great big brother.
Here are a few of our favorite shots.

Daddy's Little Man



The Newest Addition

Brothers First Meeting



Ready To Go Home


He's got his Mommy's blue eyes! (for now at least)

In his "going home" outfit at 7 weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, we have to come meet Jacob sooner than later! And see you guys too, of course. :) Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dee, he is so precious!!! I need to call you soon and catch up!

marrymeagainjerrydaves said...

Hi Dee!

It's Jennifer from Dyess. I'm not sure if you remember me, but you were my angel the night I hurt my foot and thereafter! :) I decided to Google you, and look what popped up! Congrats on the new addition to the family, and it's nice to see David growing up so nicely. He's a handsome young man! :) Got an email address that you'd be willing to share?