Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Adventures

Ok, ok. So I'm a little behind in my blogging. I've heard the cries, the frustration, and the threats from all of my loyal fans. So, here's to you!

One or two things have happened since the last blog. The biggest things, Jacob turned 1, we've moved to Illinois, school has started for BOTH boys, and we celebrated David's 3rd Adoption Day!

We had a birthday party for Jacob before we left Abilene. He didn't really get into the cake much, but at least got some icing in his hair! He's walking all over, climbing the stairs, and following his big brother around everywhere he goes. He loves being upside-down, combs, chicken nuggets, slides, baths, fly swatters, and his mommy.


We left our wonderful friends in Abilene in May and headed out on our new adventure in Illinois. We moved into our home the 2nd of June and began a few updates before we received our household goods. We recarpeted and retiled much of the house and painted as many walls as we could. Still have some painting and unpacking to do, but I'm not sure that will ever be done completely! We have a huge, fenced backyard, 4 bedrooms, a storage area in the basement, and a playroom!! We are very blessed and thank God for the wonderful home he has given us. If you didn't receive an email with our new contact information, let me know and I'll get it to you.


David took swimming lessons this summer and did fabulous! He had a hard time with it at first, but by the end of lessons, he was swimming (with floaties) by himself!


Both boys began attending Creation Corner preschool at a church near our house. The are in school 2 days a week and are mostly enjoying it. The drop off is never fun with Jacob, but I'm told that he'll get better.


We celebrated David's 3rd Adoption Day with a trip to get his first bicycle! As with most things, he was a bit scared at first, but now it's hard to keep up with him as he shoots down the sidewalk!


Jaska is enjoying his new job and is already busy as ever. He does, however, have a regular schedule and is home about the same time every night. That is definitely a first for us! Also, the deployment rate is drastically reduced!!!! He'll deploy for 4-6 months ever 15-18 months. It's a welcome change from what we've been through the past 5 years.

I'm starting to get into a routine. MOPs begins in a few weeks, I'm working out a few days a week, and learning my way around the area.

We've been attending Cornerstone Christian Church nearby and are still praying if that is where God would have us serve.

If there's anything I've left out, let me know. (Don't know why I have to say that, I know some of you WILL!) ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hum...I just posted and I don't see it up here...I'll try again..

WOOHOO!! Its good to have you back in blogland! What fun to catch up on your lives!

P.S. The house looks AWESOME!!!

Abbye said...

Well it's about time! As nice as it is to see how you're doing, it makes me miss y'all more!

Anonymous said...

I think you included almost everything and I LOVE the pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogland!

Don't expect that we will let you go 5 months without a post again! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you are getting all settled in! We sure do miss you at MOPS. It just isn't the same without you there! We are doing well. Ms Tabitha will be here anyday now. We are getting ready to meet her. I am glad you are being brave and getting into MOPS quickly!

melanie said...

It was great to catch up with you Dee. Keep those posts coming!